Who we are
We are the Business for Wellbeing Advancement and Disparities (OHID), in the Office of Well being and Social Care (DHSC). We accumulate facts on liquor and drug treatment so we can make confident we are improving the life of people today who are affected by drug and liquor misuse.
We are liable for the information you share with us. We are the knowledge controller, which signifies we:
- have a obligation to defend your privateness
- choose how to use the information and facts
- have a accountability to continue to keep you informed about adjustments to how we collect or use your information
Why we acquire your information
The Rough Sleeping Drug and Alcoholic beverages Remedy Grant (RSDATG) is funding for expert services to deliver extra guidance to individuals encountering tough sleeping to enable them get well from drug and alcohol misuse.
The RSDATG solutions will accumulate details from you, some of which they share with us. We want this information so we can make absolutely sure that the RSDATG services are giving fantastic care and assist for you and other folks.
What details we collect
The RSDATG assistance collects information and facts from you to assistance them boost the treatment method they present. You can enable boost lives and the support available (to you and many others) by agreeing to share some of that details with us.
The assistance will not share your title or any other identifiable details with us. An anonymised code, that does not incorporate any of your own information, can help us to explain to your data aside from any one else’s. We can’t use this code to function out who you are.
If you pick to share your data, you can alter your brain at any time (you can read extra about how to do this in the segment on your legal rights under).
The details we acquire from your provider consists of your:
age at 1st assessment
- most popular language (if not English)
- details on engagement with the treatment method provider
- housing standing
- compound use
- have to have assessments
What we do with your information
We use the information and facts you give us to:
- evaluate how successful the RSDATG solutions are in offering therapy to assistance customers
- keep an eye on people’s engagement with procedure solutions, which will help make positive that funding for these expert services is more similarly distributed across the state
- offer nearby data about service users and their needs, to assist provider commissioners, overall health and wellbeing boards and local authorities to program and establish superior drug and alcoholic beverages remedy solutions
- generate figures and research on liquor and drug treatment method and other wellness troubles to help advise future coverage conclusions
We will use the details we acquire to deliver reviews that will be made use of to check all RSDATG places in the place. These experiences will never include any private or identifiable details.
The authorized foundation for processing your facts
Info protection legislation involves us to have a valid legal explanation to system and use own information about you. This is usually referred to as a ‘legal basis’.
United kingdom Basic Info Defense Regulation (British isles GDPR) necessitates us to be very clear with you about the lawful basis we rely on to approach information about you. Less than the Content 6 and 9 of the United kingdom GDPR, the lawful bases we count on for processing your facts are that it is essential:
- in the public’s desire or the facts controller’s formal authority
- for factors of community desire in the region of general public health (for case in point, to be certain large standards of high quality and basic safety of care)
- for archiving, scientific or historic exploration or statistical applications
These authorized bases only utilize if we get appropriate and certain actions to safeguard your legal rights, and we only use the data for the purposes described in this privateness detect.
Who we share your facts with
We will not share anything about you as an particular person, or data that could possibly identify who you are, with any other federal government departments until you give us precise permission to do so.
As section of an analysis currently being carried out for the RSDATG, we will share some of your data with the Centre for Regional Economics and Social Investigate at Sheffield Hallam College.
How long we maintain your information
We will preserve your individual facts for as lengthy as is needed for the needs we describe in the area over on what we do with your info.
We need to have to retain your information since there are points we have to have to keep using it for, like checking the success of therapy provided to you and other people in RSDATG products and services.
How we safeguard your data and maintain it safe
The personalized facts collected as part of the RSDATG is guarded in quite a few means.
It is held on secure personal computer techniques, which are retained up to date to defend them from viruses and hacking.
In 2021, OHID procured a situation management program that will assist system your private knowledge. This process is managed by ILLY Units and has had a extensive evaluation of IT and protection things of the agreement to make absolutely sure it fulfills all information governance demands.
Your anonymised data can only be noticed by a minimal variety of personnel at OHID that require to see it to course of action the details.
All OHID team operating on the RSDATG have been trained to protect service person confidentiality.
Your data is stored in the Uk on a federal government server. It will not be transferred outside of the Uk.
By regulation, you have a variety of legal rights and processing your facts does not acquire absent or reduce these legal rights less than the British isles Basic Info Defense Regulation and the Uk Data Defense Act 2018.
You have the right to:
- inquire for and get copies of data about you
- get facts about you corrected if you feel it is inaccurate
- limit how your info is used, for instance you can question for it to be restricted, if you assume it’s inaccurate
- item to your facts staying used
- get facts deleted
Some of these rights could possibly not use when the facts is being utilized for investigation. We will let you know if this is the circumstance.
There are some conditions in which we are unable to delete your data. For case in point, if:
- it has been anonymised and we cannot convey to which details relates to you
- investigation investigation has now started out
- we want to keep it for tasks that are in the public desire
We will enable you know how we will be able to satisfy your ask for. If we cannot meet up with your ask for, we will demonstrate why.
If you opt for to share your details, you can adjust your brain at any time. If you decide on not to share your info or adjust your intellect about sharing, this will not alter the treatment or assistance you acquire. But, we actually require your data to mix with other people’s information to support enhance life and the aid for individuals who need it.
We will normally check out to reply to issues or queries that you have about your facts.
If you are disappointed about how your personalized info is becoming made use of, or if you want to complain about how your knowledge is utilized as part of this programme, you ought to electronic mail [email protected] isles or produce to:
Information Security Officer
1st Floor North
39 Victoria Street
If you are continue to not satisfied, you can complain to the Details Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can locate out how to speak to them at the ICO web site. Their postal deal with is:
Data Commissioner’s Office
Drinking water Lane
Variations to this privateness see
We retain our privateness detect below overview and we will update it if required. All updated versions will be marked by a alter take note on this notice’s publication website page.