San Diego County produced an independent COVID-19 soon after-motion report this 7 days that identified many strengths in the County’s response to the entire world-shaking pandemic.
The strengths cited by the report were being vast-ranging and integrated:
- Rapidly issuing regional and well being emergencies.
- Maintaining the public informed with everyday, data-stuffed updates.
- Teaching, growing and accelerating “test, deal with, trace” groups.
- Making use of set up partnerships to manage mass vaccination situations.
- Using info and applications like the Public Health and fitness Institute’s Healthier Locations Index to make certain outreach, training, vaccinations and treatment method equitably arrived at underserved and vulnerable communities and individuals.
The report also included 16 recommendations in its enhancement program portion. Five of these advised that the County keep on actions it was now having.
California involves area jurisdictions to concern right after-action stories to evaluation disaster response and restoration initiatives when governments declare a neighborhood crisis.
Even though the COVID-19 pandemic is not in excess of and the County’s reaction to it carries on, the area and overall health emergency declarations and proclamations the County issued in March 2020 ended Feb. 28.
Hagerty Consulting performed the following-action research and wrote the 281-website page report. It is an outside team that can help governing administration prepare for and get well from disasters. Hagerty reviewed files, and interviewed and surveyed County staff members and external stakeholders to develop the report. Exterior stakeholders integrated the community healthcare community, group organizations and other teams.
The report targeted on 6 parts: response strategy operational place coordination community details administration info reporting community and organization aid and restoration and continuity of functions ideas and capabilities.
Suggestions for improvement in the report that the County was already carrying out involved:
- Proceed “table-top” exercise routines, instruction and quarterly drills to put together for potential emergencies.
- Proceed to publish components and details in a selection of languages.
- Proceed to devote in and create crisis reaction dashboards.
- Continue to retain County Continuity of Operations Plans up to date.
New proposed actions included:
- Guarantee all County departments have Continuity of Functions Options that include things like issues for remote do the job.
- Create up operational abilities to keep and distribute supplies that clinical staff would need to have at all responding health care services.
- Analyze existing civil services regulations and memorandums to establish and tackle limitations to hiring employees in momentary positions for the duration of emergencies.
The after-motion report provided a summary of the three-additionally-calendar year-very long pandemic and a 13-web site timeline of significant activities. It also noted the County’s response was recognized with 7 countrywide awards from the Countrywide Association of Counties, and two awards from the California Point out Affiliation of Counties.
The community can critique the whole soon after-motion report listed here.
To get additional info about the County’s ongoing reaction to COVID-19, go to the County COVID-19 site.